Careers at Link-Systems International.
Start a rewarding career in education technology. Whether working directly with students as an online tutor, creating powerful new tools as a developer, or collaborating with educators to solve problems in the field as a sales rep, LSI team members are committed to putting students first.
We are currently taking tutors. Apply by sending your resume directly to Marc Scarpa at email@example.com with the job title and location in the subject line.
NetTutor Tutors work directly with high school and college students over the Internet (from our offices) to provide assistance with homework and test preparation 24 hours a day, every day of the year.
What are our tutors responsible for?:
- Assisting students to problem solve using the Socratic Method and other pedagogical methods
- Providing guidance and encouragement while maintaining a positive attitude
- Facilitating learning without lecturing the material
- Assisting students in learning problem-solving strategies and study methods
What do we look for in a tutor?:
- Strong academic background in the specific tutoring areas
- Bachelor’s degree required with a minimum GPA of 3.0 in tutoring subjects
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to work from our office– no telecommuting or working from home until further notice
- Ability to pass a rigorous subject-area exam
- Patience in working with students for whom learning does not come easily
- Responsible and dependable people with organized work habits
- Flexible schedules with evening, late-night, possible overnight, and weekend availability
- Ability to type 40 words per minute
What Subjects Do We Have Available?:
- Computer science
- Anatomy & Physiology
- Writing & English
Who is LSI and NetTutor?
Founded in 1995, Link-Systems International, Inc (LSI) is a market-leading, educational technology company whose student-centered suite of interoperable products and services is currently producing measurably better learning outcomes and increased retention rates in hundreds of K-12 schools, higher-ed institutions, and academic support organizations throughout the world. NetTutor is the online tutoring service of LSI and uses an online collaborative software to tutor students throughout the United States 24 hours a day, every day of the year.